Visitors to Pretoria are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes, entertainment choices and zoo. Top sights in the city include Kruger Museum and Voortrekker Monument.
- You'll find 1529 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Johannesburg
- The closest major airport is in Pretoria (PRY-Wonderboom), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Johannesburg (HLA-Lanseria), 20.9 mi (33.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pretoria
Cultural venues in the city include Kruger Museum, State Theatre and Breytenbach Theatre. The city is notable for landmarks like Voortrekker Monument, Church Square and Melrose House. The city's natural beauty is on display at National Zoological Gardens of South Africa, Wonderboom Nature Reserve and Pretoria National Botanical Garden.
In Centurion, you'll find 243 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Castello di Monte - This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Mont d'Or Bohemian House - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this guesthouse. This 5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- Purple Trumpet Guesthouse - With a stay at this 4.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Lesedi Cultural Village, 20 mi/32.2 km from the heart of the city, and Montecasino, which is 22.1 mi (35.6 km) away.
Dressing for Pretoria
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 15°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 5°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 29°C and night-time averages of 14°C
- About 728 millimetres of rain falls on Pretoria each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas June and July are often coldest, averaging 6°C