Visitors to Centurion are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, spas and coffee shops. Voortrekker Monument, Kruger Museum and Montecasino are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1508 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Johannesburg
- The closest major airport is in Johannesburg (HLA-Lanseria), 11.2 mi (18.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Pretoria (PRY-Wonderboom), 16.2 mi (26.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Centurion
Cultural venues in the city include Jan Smuts Museum, Centurion Theatre and Smuts House Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and Rietvlei Nature Reserve. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Centurion Mall and SuperSport Park.
In Pretoria, you'll find 63 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- African Pride Irene Country Lodge, Autograph Collection - With a stay at this 4.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Kleinkaap Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Centurion Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Top places to visit in the area include Voortrekker Monument, 8.1 mi/13 km from the city centre, and Kruger Museum, which is 9.9 mi (15.9 km) away.
Dressing for Centurion
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 29°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 15°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 14°C as the night-time average
- Centurion gets about 728 millimetres of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while June and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C