Visiting Praia da Luz
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Praia da Luz, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Relaxing and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Luz Beach, Dona Ana Beach and Meia Praia Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 163 hotels and other accommodation options in Praia da Luz
- The closest major airport is in Portimao (PRM), 9.3 mi (14.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.), 42.4 mi (68.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Praia da Luz
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Luz Beach. Additionally, in the area you'll find Dona Ana Beach and Meia Praia Beach.
In Lagos, you'll find 163 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Aparthotel Vila Luz - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Luzmar Villas - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private patio.
- Aurora-Sol - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and pool.
Top places to see in the area include Rocha Beach, located 11 mi (17.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Cape St. Vincent Lighthouse, which is 15.2 mi (24.5 km) away.
Dressing for Praia da Luz
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 11°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 17°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and night-time averages of 9°C
- About 25 millimetres of rain falls on Praia da Luz each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 9°C