Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Carvoeiro, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and lively bar scene. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its spas. Top sights in the city include Marinha Beach, Carvoeiro Beach and Benagil Beach.
- There are 341 hotels and other accommodation options in Carvoeiro
- The closest major airport is in Portimao (PRM), 7.1 mi (11.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.), 28.2 mi (45.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Carvoeiro
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Marinha Beach, Carvoeiro Beach and Benagil Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Carvalho Beach and Paraiso Beach.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Rocha Beach, located 3.8 mi (6.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Senhora da Rocha Beach, which is 4.7 mi/7.6 km away.
Dressing for Carvoeiro
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 20°C and the night-time average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Carvoeiro is 25 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 9°C