Visitors to Silves are sure to enjoy the golf courses and seaside. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its seafood restaurants. Top sights around the area include Marinha Beach, Senhora da Rocha Beach and Rocha Beach.
- There are 314 hotels and other accommodation options in Silves
- The closest major airport is in Portimao (PRM), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.), 28.5 mi (45.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Silves
Attractions like Aqualand Waterpark and Krazy World Zoo are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Silves Cathedral, Silves Castle and Roman Bridge of Silves. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Salgados Beach, Fisherman's Beach Armacao de Pera and Vale do Olival Beach.
In Lagoa, there are 314 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Amendoeira Golf Resort - Apartments and villas - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a golf course, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Hotel Capela das Artes - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Algarve - This 4-star hotel in Armacao de Pera features 3 restaurants, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Popular places to visit around the area include Marinha Beach, 7 mi/11.3 km from the city centre, and Senhora da Rocha Beach, which is 7 mi (11.3 km) away.
Getting around Silves
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Silves Station or Silves Tunes Station. Silves might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Silves
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 20°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 8°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 25°C as the daytime average and 9°C as the night-time average
- About 672.60 millimetres of rain falls on Silves each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°C