Search Hotels in Portmarnock
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Portmarnock, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, pristine golf courses and top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include Malahide Castle, Dublin Port and Croke Park.
- You'll find 1429 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Dublin
- The closest major airport is in Dublin (DUB), 4.5 mi (7.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Portmarnock
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Portmarnock Beach. Golfing is a top activity, and Portmarnock Golf Club is one place to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Malahide Castle and Dublin Port.
Here's a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a golf course and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Croke Park, 6.2 mi/10 km from the heart of the city, and Tolka Park, which is 6.3 mi (10.1 km) away.
Getting around Portmarnock
If you want to venture outside the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Dublin Portmarnock Station. Portmarnock might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Portmarnock
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Portmarnock is 766.20 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C