Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 26 Feb 2021
Reviewed on 1 Mar 2021
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 27 Feb 2021
Reviewed on 11 Feb 2021
Visiting Port Charlotte
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Port Charlotte, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Englewood Beach, Boca Grande Beach and Manasota Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 915 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Port Charlotte - Charlotte Harbor
- The closest major airport is in Punta Gorda, FL (PGD-Charlotte County), 8 mi (12.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Fort Myers, FL (RSW-Southwest Florida Intl.), 38.1 mi (61.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Charlotte
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Port Charlotte Beach Park, Lake Betty Park and Ollie's Pond Park. Exploring the port is one of the top activities, while Charlotte Sports Park, Riverwood Golf and Country Club and Cape Haze Pioneer Trail Park are favourite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cultural Center of Charlotte County and North Charlotte Regional Park.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Englewood Beach, 16.5 mi/26.6 km from the heart of the city, and Venice Beach, which is 23.2 mi/37.4 km away.
Dressing for Port Charlotte
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is 15°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 34°C with night-time averages of 22°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 32°C and night-time averages of 11°C
- About 1286.50 millimetres of rain falls on Port Charlotte each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 12°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Port Charlotte?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Port Charlotte, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Port Charlotte?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Port Charlotte?
What's the best place to stay for couples in Port Charlotte?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Port Charlotte?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Port Charlotte?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Port Charlotte?
What is the best spa hotel in Port Charlotte?
How is it to stay in Port Charlotte?
What is there to see in Port Charlotte?
What's the seasonal weather in Port Charlotte?
Port Charlotte Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Port Charlotte by Star Rating
- Hotels near Port Charlotte Airports
- Accommodation near Port Charlotte Attractions
- More accommodation types in Port Charlotte
- Choose Your Port Charlotte Hotel Style
- Search Port Charlotte Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Port Charlotte
- Hotels Near Port Charlotte, Port Charlotte - Charlotte Harbor
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends