Search Venice Hotels, Sarasota
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 16 Apr 2020
Reviewed on 29 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 1 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 16 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 9 Sep 2019
Reviewed on 20 Jul 2020
Reviewed on 5 Nov 2020
Travellers give high marks for the beaches in Venice, which is also known for its sporting events. Top sights around the area include Venice Beach, Turtle Beach and Englewood Beach.
- You'll find 3302 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Sarasota
- The closest major airport is in Sarasota, FL (SRQ-Sarasota-Bradenton Intl.), 21 mi (33.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Punta Gorda, FL (PGD-Charlotte County), 30.3 mi (48.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Venice
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Venice Beach, Caspersen Beach and Brohard Paw Park. Top activities include cycling and shark viewing, while Venice Fishing Pier, Fox Lea Farm and Pelican Pointe Golf and Country Club are favourite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Venice Theater and Woodmere Park.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Turtle Beach, 9.6 mi/15.4 km from the heart of the city, and Englewood Beach, which is 13.2 mi (21.3 km) away.
Dressing for Venice
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 26°C and the night-time average to be 11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 15°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 21°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 11°C at night
- About 1284 millimetres of rain falls on Venice each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 12°C