Search Hotels in Pontevedra
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 2 Sep 2020
History buffs enjoy visiting Pontevedra though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, monuments and cathedral. Top sights around the area include Museo de Pontevedra, Museum of Contemporary Art and Castro Fortress.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodation options in Pontevedra
- The closest major airport is in Vigo (VGO-Peinador), 14.2 mi (22.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Santiago de Compostela (SCQ-Lavacolla), 34.2 mi (55.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pontevedra
Cultural venues in the city include Museo de Pontevedra, Ruins of Santo Domingo Church and Teatro Principal. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Praza de la Pelegrina, Basilica Santa Maria, and San Francisco Church. The picturesque setting of Playa Fluvial Rio Lerez and Ría de Pontevedra exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Pontevedra. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Galicia Palace - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Hotel Rural Campaniola - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Parador de Pontevedra - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Top places to visit around the area include Museum of Contemporary Art, 14 mi/22.6 km from the city centre, and Castro Fortress, which is 14.4 mi/23.1 km away.
Getting around Pontevedra
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Pontevedra Station. Pontevedra might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Pontevedra
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and 8°C as the night-time average
- Pontevedra gets about 31 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 7°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Pontevedra?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Pontevedra, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Pontevedra?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Pontevedra?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Pontevedra?
What's the best high-end hotel in Pontevedra?
Where's the best place to stay in Pontevedra to absorb the local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Pontevedra?
Pontevedra Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Pontevedra by Star Rating
- Hotels near Pontevedra Airports
- Accommodation near Pontevedra Attractions
- More accommodation types in Pontevedra
- Choose Your Pontevedra Hotel Style
- Search Pontevedra Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Pontevedra
- Hotels Near Pontevedra, Galicia
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends