Search Vigo Hotels, Galicia
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 25 Feb 2020
Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Vigo, which is also known for its seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes and art. Top sights in the city include Museum of Contemporary Art, Castro Fortress and Samil Beach.
- There are 108 hotels and other accommodation options in Vigo
- The closest major airport is in Vigo (VGO-Peinador), 4.3 mi (7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Vigo
Cultural venues in the city include Museum of Contemporary Art, Castro Fortress and Centro Cultural Caixanova. The city is notable for landmarks like Plaza America, Quinones de Leon Museum and Nosa Senora da Guia Shrine. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Samil Beach, Castro Park and Castrelos Park.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Museo de Pontevedra, 14.2 mi/22.9 km from the city centre, and Pazo de Cultura, which is 14.5 mi/23.4 km away.
Getting around Vigo
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Vigo-Urzáiz Station or Vigo Guixar Station. Vigo might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Vigo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Vigo is 900.30 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 7°C