History buffs and nature enthusiasts enjoy visiting Palenque though all visitors are sure to find plenty to see and do. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfalls, cafes and archaeological sites.
- There are 48 hotels and other accommodation options in Palenque
- The closest major airport is in Palenque, Chiapas (PQM-Palenque Intl.), 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Palenque
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Pre-Hispanic City and National Park of Palenque. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Aluxes Eco Park and Museo de Sitio Palenque.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 48 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Palenque. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Villa Mercedes Palenque - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free Internet. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and pool.
- Chan-Kah Resort Village Convention Center & Maya Spa - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- Hotel Nututun Palenque - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its room size and overall condition.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Cascadas de Agua Azul, located 20.4 mi (32.9 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Palenque
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 29°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 19°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 21°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 19°C as the night-time average
- Palenque gets about 40 millimetres of rain per year
- May and June are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°C