Visiting Newton Mearns
Guests are sure to enjoy all the features that Newton Mearns has to offer.
- There are 2 Newton Mearns hotels
- September is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 7.3 mi (11.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Newton Mearns
- Popular cultural attractions include Burrell Collection, Glasgow Science Centre, and The SSE Hydro
- Notable landmarks include Paisley Abbey, George Square, and Glasgow Cathedral
Getting around Newton Mearns
There are many transport options in Newton Mearns. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Glasgow Patterton Station or Glasgow Whitecraigs Station.
Dressing for Newton Mearns
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, while the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Newton Mearns is 1326 millimetres