Families will find kid-friendly activities in Morrisville, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Top sights around the area include PNC Arena, Crabtree Valley Mall and North Carolina State Capitol.
- You'll find 320 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Raleigh
- The closest major airport is in Raleigh, NC (RDU-Raleigh - Durham Intl.), 2.1 mi (3.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Morrisville
Notable city landmarks like RDU Observation Park and Phillips Farms of Cary might be worth a visit. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Parkside Town Commons is a favourite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Lake Crabtree County Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Morrisville. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Tru by Hilton Raleigh Durham Airport - This 2.5-star hotel in Umstead features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
- HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Umstead can enjoy access to free breakfast and a 24-hour fitness centre, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see in the area include PNC Arena, located 6.5 mi (10.5 km) from the city centre, and Crabtree Valley Mall, which is 7.8 mi/12.6 km away.
Dressing for Morrisville
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 20°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 7°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and night-time averages of -1°C
- About 1100 millimetres of rain falls on Morrisville each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 0°C