Families will find kid-friendly activities in Garner, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its live music and shopping. North Carolina State Capitol, PNC Arena and Crabtree Valley Mall are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 320 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Raleigh
- The closest major airport is in Raleigh, NC (RDU-Raleigh - Durham Intl.), 19.4 mi (31.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Garner
A favourite place to visit in the city is Garner Veterans’ Memorial. Additionally, in the area you'll find North Carolina State Capitol and PNC Arena.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 11 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Garner. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh South / Garner - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Southwest Raleigh can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Clayton - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Raleigh/Clayton I-40 - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Raleigh Convention Center, located 9.1 mi (14.7 km) from the city centre, and Crabtree Valley Mall, which is 14.4 mi/23.1 km away.
Dressing for Garner
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 20°C and the night-time average to be -1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and -1°C at night
- About 1100 millimetres of rain falls on Garner each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 0°C