Visiting Chapel Hill
Travellers to Chapel Hill give high marks for the cathedral, university vibe and fun sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping, restaurants and live music. Top sights in the city include Kenan Stadium and Franklin Street.
- You'll find 321 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Raleigh
- The closest major airport is in Raleigh, NC (RDU-Raleigh - Durham Intl.), 15.2 mi (24.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Chapel Hill
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Ackland Art Museum, Memorial Hall and Morehead Planetarium. The city is notable for its cathedrals and landmarks like Franklin Street, Coker Arboretum, and Horace Williams House. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and University Mall is a favourite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Chapel Hill. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Rizzo Center - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Carolina Inn - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness centre, along with free WiFi.
- The Franklin Hotel Chapel Hill - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Other top sights in Chapel Hill include Kenan Stadium. Outside the city, popular places to visit include PNC Arena, located 20 mi (32.2 km) from the city centre, and Streets at Southpoint Mall, which is 6.4 mi (10.2 km) away.
Dressing for Chapel Hill
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 20°C and the night-time average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 0°C at night
- About 1128 millimetres of rain falls on Chapel Hill each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 1°C