Search Monkstown Hotels, Dublin
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors can enjoy all that Monkstown has to offer including the shopping, restaurants and beaches. James Joyce Tower, Royal Dublin Society and Dublin Port are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 1504 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Dublin (DUB), 9.9 mi (16 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Monkstown
The picturesque setting of Dublin Bay and Seapoint Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, in the area you'll find James Joyce Tower and Royal Dublin Society.
As you make plans for a getaway to Monkstown, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 1420 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Monkstown Villa is located in the heart of Monkstown. This 3-star guesthouse in Dun Laoghaire features free WiFi and free parking.
- Clayton Hotel Burlington Road is 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from the city's heart. This 4-star hotel in Dublin features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Our customers like its quiet location and WiFi.
- Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane is located within 4.5 mi (7.3 km) of the city centre. This 4-star hotel in Dublin features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and quiet location.
Popular places to see outside the city include Dublin Port, 4 mi/6.5 km from the heart of the city, and Aviva Stadium, which is 4 mi (6.5 km) away.
Getting around Monkstown
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Dublin Salthill and Monkstown Station or Dublin Seapoint Station. Monkstown may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Monkstown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Monkstown is 766.20 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C