Visitors to Milton are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, baseball games and mountain views. Top sights around the area include Glen Eden Ski and Snowboard Centre, Toronto Premium Outlets and Rose Theatre.
- You'll find 2068 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Toronto
- The closest major airport is in Toronto, ON (YYZ-Pearson Intl.), 20.2 mi (32.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kitchener, ON (YKF-Region of Waterloo Intl.), 22.4 mi (36 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Milton
Cultural venues in the city include Halton Region Museum, Waldie Blacksmith Shop and Crawford Lake Indian Village. The city's natural beauty is on display at Kelso Conservation Area, Hilton Falls and Crawford Lake Conservation Area. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Glen Eden Ski and Snowboard Centre and Mohawk Racetrack.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 13 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Milton. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Milton Ontario - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping.
- Best Western Milton - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include High Park, located 25.7 mi (41.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Toronto Premium Outlets, which is 7 mi/11.3 km away.
Getting around Milton
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Milton Station. Milton may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Milton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be -10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Milton gets about 988 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -7°C