Upscale-minded travellers enjoy visiting Medina though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sightseeing tours, archaeological sites and cafes. Top sights in the city include Prophet's Mosque, Al Haram and Bin Dawood.
- There are 170 hotels and other accommodation options in Medina
- The closest major airport is in Medina (MED-Prince Mohammad Bin Abdulaziz), 28.5 mi (45.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Medina
The city is notable for landmarks like Prophet's Mosque, Al Haram and Quba Mosque. The picturesque setting of Mount Uhud and King Fahad Garden exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bin Dawood and Prince Mohammed bin Abdul Aziz Stadium.
Dressing for Medina
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 32°C and the night-time average to be 11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 43°C during the day and 19°C at night
- July to September averages 43°C during the day and 25°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 39°C during the day and 12°C at night
- About 5 millimetres of rain falls on Medina each year
- Hottest months are usually June and July with an average temperature of 43°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 13°C