Visitors can enjoy all that Matosinhos has to offer including the waterfront, spas and seafood restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its coffee shops. Top sights around the area include Casa da Musica, Museum of Port Wine and Porto Cathedral.
- You'll find 1961 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Porto
- The closest major airport is in Porto (OPO-Dr. Francisco de Sa Carneiro), 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Matosinhos
The city's natural beauty is on display at Matosinhos Beach, Leca da Palmeira Beach and Piscina das Mares. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are MAR Shopping and Norte Shopping.
In Maia, you'll find 76 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- O Valentim Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and convenient parking.
- Sea Porto Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and a bar.
- Axis Porto Business & Spa Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Popular places to visit in the area include Casa da Musica, located 4.3 mi (7 km) from the heart of the city, and Museum of Port Wine, which is 5.3 mi (8.5 km) away.
Dressing for Matosinhos
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- About 1270 millimetres of rain falls on Matosinhos each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C