Visiting Marina del Rey
Travellers to Marina del Rey give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants and shopping. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its walkable location. Top sights around the area include Venice Beach Boardwalk, Venice Beach and Santa Monica Pier.
- You'll find 4996 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Santa Monica, CA (SMO-Santa Monica Municipal), 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Los Angeles, CA (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.), 3.5 mi (5.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Marina del Rey
The beaches and sunsets exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Venice Beach Boardwalk and Marina Beach, Mother's Beach. Shopping is one of the favourite things to do, so consider an excursion to Fisherman's Village, Abbot Kinney Boulevard and Marina Marketplace. Additionally, you might want to add Venice Fishing Pier to your agenda.
In Los Angeles, you'll find 118 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Marina del Rey Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a marina, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Inn at Venice Beach - Our customers like the central location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Marina Peninsula can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with free WiFi.
- Jamaica Bay Inn - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Top places to visit in the area include Venice Beach, 1.8 mi/2.8 km from the heart of the city, and Santa Monica Pier, which is 3.5 mi/5.7 km away.
Dressing for Marina del Rey
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 12°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 16°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and night-time averages of 10°C
- Marina del Rey gets about 311.40 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 11°C