Search Launceston Hotels, Launceston
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Launceston
4/5Very Good!(18 area reviews)
Launceston CBD is known for its enchanting waterfalls, and you can make a stop by City Park and Princess Theatre while in the area.
Travellers like the museums in Invermay, and University of Tasmania Stadium is a top attraction you might want to visit.
You'll enjoy the restaurants and parks in West Launceston. You might want to make time for a stop at Cataract Gorge or Cataract Gorge Reserve.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Launceston, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping and beautiful waterfalls. Walkable and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its local tours. A top sight in the area is Cataract Gorge.
- You'll find 150 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Launceston
- The closest major airport is in Launceston, TAS (LST), 8.1 mi (13 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Launceston
Cultural venues in the city include 1842 Gallery, Princess Theatre and Queen Victoria Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the waterfalls and such places to visit as Royal Park and City Park. Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Brisbane Street Mall and Quadrant Mall.
In Invermay, you can choose from 68 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Florance - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Launceston CBD features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Pod Inn - Hostel - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hostel. Guests who stay at this 2-star hostel in Launceston CBD can enjoy access to parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi.
- Mantra Charles Hotel - This 4-star hotel in Launceston CBD features a restaurant, free parking and a bar. Expedia customers like its dining options and central location.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Cataract Gorge, 1 mi/1.6 km from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Launceston
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 23°C and the night-time average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Launceston gets about 688 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 3°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Launceston?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Launceston, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Launceston?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Launceston?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Launceston?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Launceston?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Launceston?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Launceston?
Launceston Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Launceston by Star Rating
- Hotels near Launceston Airports
- Areas of Launceston
- Accommodation near Launceston Attractions
- More accommodation types in Launceston
- Choose Your Launceston Hotel Style
- Search Launceston Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Launceston
- Hotels Near Launceston, Launceston
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends