Search Hotels in Byron Bay
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Byron Bay
Experience this seaside town’s famous right-hand surf break and watch seasoned surfers competing on the waves. Check out the pretty lake and shoreline park.
East Ballina is noteworthy for its beaches, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Ballina Golf Club and Shelly Beach.
Discover a broad beach protected by tall headlands, explore a wilderness reserve, learn about local Aboriginal culture and camp overnight in this laid-back village.
Visiting Byron Bay
Travellers to Byron Bay give high marks for the beaches. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its walkable location. Top sights in the city include Main Beach, Clarkes Beach and Wategos Beach.
- There are 862 hotels and other accommodation options in Byron Bay
- The closest major airport is in Ballina, NSW (BNK-Ballina - Byron Gateway), 13.9 mi (22.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Lismore, NSW (LSY), 25.1 mi (40.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Byron Bay
Cultural venues in the city include Bangalow Historical Museum & Tea Rooms, Brunswick Picture House and Ballina Naval and Maritime Museum. Attractions like Macadamia Castle and ISKCON New Govardhana are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Cape Byron Lighthouse, Crystal Castle & Shambhala Gardens and Captain Cook Lookout.
In Lennox Head, you can choose from 862 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- A View of Mt Warning Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with a private pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Cavvanbah Beach House - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Bower Byron Bay - This 3.5-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Other favourite sights in Byron Bay include Main Beach, Clarkes Beach and Wategos Beach.
Getting around Byron Bay
If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Mullumbimby Station. Byron Bay may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Byron Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 27°C and night-time averages of 12°C
- Average annual rainfall for Byron Bay is 34 millimetres
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 8°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Byron Bay?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Byron Bay, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Byron Bay?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in Byron Bay?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Byron Bay?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Byron Bay?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Byron Bay?
What's the best luxury hotel in Byron Bay?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Byron Bay?
What's the best golf hotel in Byron Bay?
Byron Bay Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Byron Bay by Star Rating
- Hotels near Byron Bay Airports
- Areas of Byron Bay
- Accommodation near Byron Bay Attractions
- More accommodation types in Byron Bay
- Choose Your Byron Bay Hotel Style
- Search Byron Bay Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Byron Bay
- Hotels Near Byron Bay, New South Wales
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends