Families will find kid-friendly activities in Ballina, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront, shopping and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its spas. Around the area, top sights include Tallow Beach, Main Beach and Clarkes Beach.
- You'll find 862 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Byron Bay
- The closest major airport is in Ballina, NSW (BNK-Ballina - Byron Gateway), 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Lismore, NSW (LSY), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ballina
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Ballina Fair Shopping Centre is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ballina Naval and Maritime Museum and Ballina Jockey Club.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Ballina. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Riversleigh Guesthouse - With a stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Ballina Manor Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Ballina Travellers Lodge - This 2.5-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Top places to see outside the city include Tallow Beach, located 14.2 mi (22.8 km) from the city centre, and Main Beach, which is 16.3 mi (26.2 km) away.
Dressing for Ballina
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 27°C and night-time averages of 12°C
- Average annual rainfall for Ballina is 34 millimetres
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 8°C