Travellers to Kitchener give high marks for the shopping, university vibe and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this urban city can discover its festivals, live music and theatres. Top sights in the city include Centre In The Square and Bingemans.
- There are 99 hotels and other accommodation options in Kitchener
- The closest major airport is in Kitchener, ON (YKF-Region of Waterloo Intl.), 5.3 mi (8.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Hamilton, ON (YHM-John C. Munro Hamilton Intl.), 34.7 mi (55.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kitchener
Known for its festivals, live music and theatres, the city's cultural venues include Centre In The Square, Joseph Schneider Haus and Waterloo Region Museum. Attractions like Bingemans, Waterloo Central Railway Station and Laser Quest are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like St. Mary's Church, Cambridge Sculpture Garden and Guelph Market Square.
In Township of Woolwich, there are 99 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Forest Hill Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Waterloo - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Waterloo/St. Jacobs - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free parking. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include African Lion Safari, 17.2 mi/27.7 km from the city centre, and Glen Eden Ski and Snowboard Centre, which is 27.6 mi/44.5 km away.
Getting around Kitchener
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Kitchener Station or Guelph Station. Kitchener might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Kitchener
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 7°C and the night-time average to be -11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and -9°C at night
- Kitchener gets about 866.20 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -10°C