Families will find kid-friendly activities in Woodstock, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's forests, rivers and wineries. Top sights in the area include Budweiser Gardens, Covent Garden Market and Museum London.
- You'll find 95 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of London
- The closest major airport is in London, ON (YXU-London Intl.), 22.6 mi (36.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kitchener, ON (YKF-Region of Waterloo Intl.), 27.8 mi (44.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Woodstock
The city is notable for landmarks like Woodstock Peace Lighthouse, Springbank Snow Countess Monument and Church Of The Epiphany. The picturesque setting of Southside Park and Pittock Conservation Area exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Woodstock Raceway and Woodstock Art Gallery.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 8 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Woodstock. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Château la Motte Guest House - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Woodstock South - Our customers like the pool and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free parking.
- Econo Lodge Woodstock - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
Getting around Woodstock
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Woodstock Station. Woodstock might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Woodstock
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 7°C and the night-time average to be -10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September averages 25°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and -8°C at night
- Woodstock gets about 1064.60 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 24°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -9°C