Expedia Verified Review
3 / 5 Okay
Here's what I liked and disliked about my stay at the Centara Grand Hotel:
1. We got a free upgrade to a brilliant ocean view room. Amazing view. Thank you for that!
2. The beach in front of the hotel is beautiful. Unfortunately, the waves were too strong, so not swimmable when we were there. But beautiful beach nonetheless.
3. The hotel is a bit old school and needs a renovation. You can feel the wear and tear everywhere. But it has multiple pools, a 24-hour gym, a club for kids, etc.
4. Breakfast buffet is absolutely horrible for a Centara branded hotel. Small selection and low quality. There should really be a much more generous selection of everything, starting with the fruit, juice, cold cuts and bread selection. But the worst is the coffee. A crime!
5. The location could be good a year from now. It is only 10 minutes away from Patong, but most places are closed due to COVID-19 restrictions.The Laguna and Phuket Town areas are better alternatives.
6. Room service food is terrible.
We visited Phuket as the first "sandbox" tourists, so here are a few tips:
Don't book anything before you get your Certificate of Entry pre-approval. For that, you need only the health insurance and vaccination certificates. Once you have it, you need to get SHABA certificates from the hotel, pre-pay 3 COVID-19 tests (= $300), flights, etc.
There's also a risk of getting quarantined if anyone near you gets infected. Insurance won't cover your quarantine hotel if you test negative.
Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket
A verified traveller stayed at Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket
Posted 2 months ago