Visitors to Kandersteg are sure to enjoy the mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's ski areas and lakeside setting. Top sights in the city include Oeschinen Lake and Adelboden Ski Resort.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodation options in Kandersteg
- The closest major airport is in Sion (SIR), 24.8 mi (39.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 32.2 mi (51.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kandersteg
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountains and such places to visit as Oeschinen Lake and Gasterntal Valley. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Adelboden Ski Resort and Kandersteg-Sunnbuel Cable Car.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Kandersteg. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Alfa Soleil - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and quiet location.
- Belle Epoque Hotel Victoria - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Hotel Alpina - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Top places to visit in the area include Trummelbach Falls, 11.9 mi/19.2 km from the heart of the city, and Jungfraujoch, which is 14.2 mi (22.9 km) away.
Getting around Kandersteg
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Kandersteg Station. Kandersteg might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Kandersteg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 7°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- Kandersteg gets about 30 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°C