Good rooms but expensive with rude staff
Posted 27-Sep-2015 on Hotels
We stayed for a couple of nights at this hotel even though it was a bit far from town centre and required approx EUR 10 taxi ride each way as the reviews looked good.
- Rooms were in good condition
- Breakfast was good, very good quality fruits
- Small supermarket right opposite in case you need something
- Rude reception staff. Bad experience started before even reaching the hotel, as I called the hotel asking if there was a way to reach the hotel using public transport. The receptionist rudely said it's complicated and I should take a taxi, and refused to help. It continued at check in, he was very rude throughout the process and not very helpful when we enquired about things to do etc. All subsequent interactions with him were similar in nature.
- No electric kettle/tea/coffee in the room. For such an expensive hotel (£160 per night), it was a basic facility I expected. I needed some hot water and when asked, they said they will charge for bringing it. They asked us to come to the bar and get it and only then it won't be charged.
- No ironing board in the room, again I expected this for such an expensive room.
- Location is far from the town centre. You need a taxi ride (cost about EUR 10 each ride) to get to town. Buses aren't as frequent.
Overall, I wouldn't stay here again.