Visitors can enjoy all that Heppenheim has to offer including the churches, temples and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its university setting. Top sights around the area include Heidelberg Castle and SAP Arena.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Heppenheim
- The closest major airport is in Mannheim (MHG), 13.2 mi (21.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Frankfurt (FRA-Frankfurt Intl.), 28.4 mi (45.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Heppenheim
A favourite place to visit in the city is Saint Peter's Church. In the area, you'll also find Heidelberg Castle and SAP Arena.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Heppenheim. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Halber Mond - This 3-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Michel Hotel Heppenheim - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a fitness centre and a bar.
Getting around Heppenheim
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Heppenheim (Bergstr) Station. Heppenheim might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Heppenheim
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 18°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- About 29 millimetres of rain falls on Heppenheim each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C