Search Hotels in Darmstadt
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors can enjoy all that Darmstadt has to offer including the festivals, local tours and art. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, parks and live music. Around the area, top sights include Commerzbank-Arena, Staedel Museum and Frankfurt Opera House.
- You'll find 488 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Frankfurt
- The closest major airport is in Frankfurt (FRA-Frankfurt Intl.), 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Darmstadt
Cultural venues in the city include Darmstadt Artists Colony, Hessisches Landesmuseum and Darmstadt State Theatre. Attractions like Jugendstilbad and Zoo Vivarium Darmstadt are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Luisenplatz Square, Darmstadt Palace and Russian Chapel.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Darmstadt. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Hotel Darmstadt - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Mitte can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia travellers love its central location and WiFi.
- H+ Hotel Darmstadt - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Verlegerviertel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Hotel Restaurant Rosengarten - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Commerzbank-Arena, 13.5 mi/21.7 km from the city centre, and Staedel Museum, which is 15.9 mi (25.6 km) away.
Getting around Darmstadt
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of Darmstadt is simple. Local metro stations include Darmstadt Arheilgen S-Bahn and Darmstadt-Wixhausen S-Bahn. If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Darmstadt Central Station, Darmstadt Ost Station or Darmstadt Nord Station.
Dressing for Darmstadt
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of -1°C
- Darmstadt gets about 665 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 23°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -1°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Darmstadt?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Darmstadt, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Darmstadt?
What's the best hotel for families in Darmstadt?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Darmstadt?
What's the best high-end hotel in Darmstadt?
Where's the best place to stay in Darmstadt that's close to historical sites?
Darmstadt Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Darmstadt by Star Rating
- Hotels near Darmstadt Airports
- Areas of Darmstadt
- Accommodation near Darmstadt Attractions
- More accommodation types in Darmstadt
- Choose Your Darmstadt Hotel Style
- Search Darmstadt Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Darmstadt
- Hotels Near Darmstadt, Frankfurt
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends