Visiting Fort Augustus
Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Fort Augustus, which is also known for its bars. The welcoming and cosy setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights around the area include Glen Affric and Urquhart Castle.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodation options in Fort Augustus
- The closest major airport is in Inverness (INV), 36.3 mi (58.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Augustus
A favourite place to visit in the city is Clansman Centre. Additionally, in the area you'll find Glen Affric and Urquhart Castle.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Fort Augustus. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Lovat, Loch Ness - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and room size.
- Loch Ness Guest House - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this guesthouse. This 3.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Caledonian Cottage - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Fort Augustus
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 17°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Average annual rainfall for Fort Augustus is 916.90 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 17°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C