Travellers to Foley give high marks for the beaches, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its festivals and live music. Around the area, top sights include The Wharf, Gulf Shores Beach and Gulf State Park.
- You'll find 5332 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Gulf Shores
- The closest major airport is in Mobile, AL (BFM-Downtown Airport), 28 mi (45.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Pensacola, FL (PNS-Pensacola Intl.), 29.6 mi (47.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Foley
The city is well known for its festivals and live music, and cultural venues include Holmes Medical Museum, Foley Railroad Museum and Pate's Country Music Hall. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Bon Secour Bay. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Tanger Outlet Center is a favourite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Foley. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Foley - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and comfortable rooms.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Foley at OWA - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- The Hotel Magnolia - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Outside the city, popular places to see include The Wharf, located 8.3 mi (13.4 km) from the city centre, and Gulf Shores Beach, which is 12.4 mi/20 km away.
Dressing for Foley
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 23°C and the night-time average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 12°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 28°C during the day and 5°C at night
- About 1666.50 millimetres of rain falls on Foley each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 6°C