History buffs will enjoy exploring Figueres, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums. This city also attracts tourists with its art, entertainment and theatres. Top sights around the area include Dali Museum, Roses Beach and Cadaques Beach.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodation options in Figueres
- The closest major airport is in Gerona (GRO-Costa Brava), 27.3 mi (44 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Figueres
Known for its museums, art and theatres, the city's cultural venues include Dali Museum, Toy Museum of Catalonia and Museum of the Emporda. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Church of San Pedro and Sant Ferran Castle. Additionally, in the area you'll find Roses Beach and Cadaques Beach.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Figueres. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Plaza Inn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a rooftop terrace and parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Pirineos - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel President - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Banyuls-sur-Mer Aquarium, located 17.3 mi (27.8 km) from the centre of the city.
Getting around Figueres
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Figueres Station. Figueres may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Figueres
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Figueres gets about 474.70 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C