Visitors will want to experience the restaurants, skiing, and bars in Engelberg. Welcoming and walkable, this lakefront city will also delight visitors with its coffeehouses, shopping, and mountains.
- There are 20 Engelberg hotels
- February is the most expensive month to travel here, while April tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH), 44.2 mi (71.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Engelberg
- Skiing, boating, and taking an excursion are top activities, while sights to visit include Fuerenalp Cable Car, Engelberg-Titlis Ski Resort, and St. Jacob Cable Car
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit including Dallenwil-Wirzweli Cable Car, Melchsee-Frutt Cable Car, and Emmetten-Stockhuette Cable Car
- The lakeside, mountains, and riverfront provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Mount Pilatus, Emetten-Niederbauen Cable Car, and Aare Gorge
Getting around Engelberg
There are plenty of options for getting around Engelberg. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Engelberg Station.
Staying in Engelberg
When looking for a holiday accommodation at an affordable price, consider that Engelberg has 20 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from. There are 19 hotels ranging from GBP 58 to GBP 268 per night. Consider one of these top-rated, larger hotels for your family trip or any other travel plans:
- Ramada Regina Titlis Engelberg, averaging GBP 237.71/night
- Hotel Terrace, averaging GBP 107.56/night
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Hotel Bellevue-Terminus, averaging GBP 258.82/night
- Hotel Schweizerhof Engelberg, averaging GBP 182.16/night
A 3.5-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Hotel Bellevue-Terminus with a 5 out of 5 user rating while Hotel Schweizerhof Engelberg and Ramada Regina Titlis Engelberg are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Engelberg
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 7°C and the nighttime average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July through September averages 21°C during the day and 6°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and -4°C at night
- About 30 millimetres of rain falls on Engelberg each year