Visitors to Engelberg are sure to enjoy the skiing, mountain views and spas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments. Mount Pilatus, Swiss Transportation Museum and Chapel Bridge are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodation options in Engelberg
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 43.1 mi (69.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Zurich (ZRH), 44.3 mi (71.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Engelberg
Notable city landmarks like Engelberg Abbey and Fuerenalp Cable Car might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountains and Titlis Glacier. Skiing is a top activity, and Engelberg-Titlis Ski Resort is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Engelberg. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Berghotel Trübsee - This 3-star hotel features a full-service spa, ski slopes and free breakfast.
- Hotel Hahnenblick - This 3-star hotel features a golf course, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Hotel Bellevue-Terminus - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its convenient parking and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Mount Pilatus, 13 mi/21 km from the heart of the city, and Swiss Transportation Museum, which is 16.3 mi (26.2 km) away.
Getting around Engelberg
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Engelberg Station. Engelberg may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Engelberg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 7°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- About 848.10 millimetres of rain falls on Engelberg each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°C