Visitors to Eatonton are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its jazz scene.
- You'll find 90 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Lake Oconee
- The closest major airport is in Athens, GA (AHN-Ben Epps), 43.4 mi (69.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Eatonton
The city's cultural venues include Uncle Remus Museum and The Plaza Arts Center. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and these places to visit: Lake Sinclair, Oconee National Forest and Piedmont National Wildlife Refuge. Additionally, you might want to add Rock Eagle Effigy Mound to your agenda.
In Buckhead, there are 50 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- The Lodge On Lake Oconee - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star lodge in Misty River can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Eatonton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 23°C and the night-time average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 34°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 28°C during the day and 0°C at night
- Eatonton gets about 1195 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 1°C