Visitors can enjoy all that Jackson has to offer including the shopping, theme park and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its lakeside setting. A top sight in the area is Atlanta Motor Speedway.
- You'll find 127 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Griffin
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.), 36.1 mi (58.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (PDK-DeKalb-Peachtree), 44.7 mi (71.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jackson
The city's natural beauty is on display at Indian Springs State Park, High Falls State Park and Jackson Lake. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Butts County Courthouse and Dauset Trails Nature Center.
Below is a top-rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Plantation Inn and Suites - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and overall condition.
A top sight outside the city is Atlanta Motor Speedway, 20.5 mi/33.1 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Jackson
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 21°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- Jackson gets about 1232 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C