Search Hotels in Downtown San Diego, San Diego
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Check Downtown San Diego hotel prices
Top Trending Hotels Near Downtown San Diego, San Diego
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 23 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 28 Dec 2020
Visiting Downtown San Diego
Travellers love the Downtown San Diego neighbourhood for its beautiful ocean views, fantastic nightlife and zoo. Here you'll find plenty to visit, including USS Midway Museum, Maritime Museum of San Diego and Petco Park. Downtown San Diego is a great base for exploring the greater San Diego area, especially with so many hotels to choose from.
Staying in Downtown San Diego
You’ll find several accommodation choices in this walkable neighbourhood, and you may want to consider one of these top places to stay:
- Pendry San Diego: 5-star hotel with 3 restaurants, an outdoor pool and a 24-hour fitness centre, steps from Petco Park. Our guests enjoy the hotel's comfortable rooms and beach locale.
- Staypineapple at Hotel Z: 3-star hotel with free WiFi, a free area shuttle and valet parking, 5-minute walk from Petco Park. Expedia travellers like this hotel's comfortable beds and beach locale.
- Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Downtown/Bayfront: 3-star hotel with free breakfast, an outdoor pool and a fitness centre, 7-minute walk from USS Midway Museum. Our guests rate this hotel highly for its comfortable rooms and central location.
Downtown San Diego might not have your top place to stay, but there are other accommodation options to consider in San Diego. Columbia is a neighbourhood that travellers love for its top museums. With 9 hotels and other accommodation options, these are some of our travellers' favourites:
- Springhill Suites San Diego Downtown/Bayfront: 3.5-star hotel with free breakfast, an outdoor pool and a fitness centre, 7-minute walk from USS Midway Museum. Expedia travellers like this hotel's central location and clean rooms.
- The Westin San Diego: 4-star hotel with a restaurant, an outdoor pool and a fitness centre, 10-minute walk from USS Midway Museum. Our guests rate this hotel highly for its spacious rooms and beach locale.
Sightseeing Around San Diego
Spend some time exploring the great outdoors at Pantoja Park, Waterfront Park and Harbor Island. USS Midway Museum and Maritime Museum of San Diego are some other places worth a visit when you're in the the neighbourhood.
You’ll likely want to explore some other parts of town while you’re here, so consider a visit to Columbia, a nearby neighbourhood with top sights like USS Midway Museum. Other places worth visiting include Port of San Diego, Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego and B Street Cruise Ship Terminal.
Getting Around Downtown San Diego and the Greater San Diego Area
If you want to see more of the city, America Plaza Trolley Station is the closest metro stop. Others nearby include County Center - Little Italy Station and Civic Center Station. If you want to head out of town, you can hop aboard a train at San Diego Santa Fe Depot. Learn about your options for water transport at the port.