Visitors will want to experience the restaurants, beaches, and shopping in Coronado. Visitors who journey to this welcoming and walkable, seaside city can discover its zoo, sunsets, and cafés. Top attractions include San Diego Coronado Bridge and Coronado Beach.
- There are 21 Coronado hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while January tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in San Diego, CA (SAN-San Diego Intl.), 5.3 mi (8.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Coronado
- Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Coronado Ferry Landing, Club Campestre Golf Course, and Navy Pier are favourite sights to visit
- Popular cultural attractions include Coronado Museum of History and Art, USS Midway Museum, and Maritime Museum of San Diego
- Popular family attractions include San Diego Zoo, Seaworld, and Knott's Soak City San Diego
- San Diego Coronado Bridge and Point Loma Lighthouse are noteworthy landmarks
- The beach, seaside, and sunsets highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Coronado Beach, Spreckels Park, and Silver Strand State Beach
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Seaport Village, Westfield Horton Plaza, and Chula Vista Center
- Cheer with the crowd at a game or event at Petco Park or Qualcomm Stadium
Getting around Coronado
Coronado has many options for getting around. You can explore your options for water transportation at the port.
Staying in Coronado
When looking for a holiday accommodation at an affordable price, consider that Coronado has 21 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from. There are 7 hotels ranging from GBP 133 to GBP 228 per night. For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- Glorietta Bay Inn, averaging GBP 214/night
- Loews Coronado Bay Resort, averaging GBP 235.32/night
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- 1906 Lodge, A Four Sisters Inn, averaging GBP 279/night
- Hotel Marisol Coronado, averaging GBP 284.71/night
A 3.5-star favourite with Expedia travellers is 1906 Lodge, A Four Sisters Inn with a 5 out of 5 user rating while Hotel Marisol Coronado and Glorietta Bay Inn are also highly rated by guests.