Visitors to Chicopee are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's its breweries, theme park and festivals. Top sights around the area include Volleyball Hall of Fame, Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and MassMutual Center.
- You'll find 95 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Springfield
- The closest major airport is in Westfield, MA (BAF-Barnes Municipal), 7.5 mi (12.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Hartford, CT (BDL-Bradley Intl.), 18 mi (29 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chicopee
A favourite place to visit in the city is Chicopee Falls Dam. Additionally, in the area you'll find Volleyball Hall of Fame and Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Chicopee. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn Springfield Chicopee - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Tru by Hilton Chicopee Springfield - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include MassMutual Center, located 5.3 mi (8.5 km) from the city centre, and MGM Springfield, which is 5.3 mi/8.6 km away.
Dressing for Chicopee
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and -8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 20°C and night-time averages of -6°C
- Chicopee gets about 1135.40 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -6°C