Visitors to Lenox are sure to enjoy the gardens, museums and live music. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its entertainment. Top sights around the area include Tanglewood Music Center and Ski Butternut.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodation options in Lenox
- The closest major airport is in Pittsfield, MA (PSF-Pittsfield Municipal), 4.7 mi (7.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Hudson, NY (HCC-Columbia County), 22.3 mi (35.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lenox
The city is well known for its museums and live music, and cultural venues include Tanglewood Music Center, Shakespeare and Company and The Mount. Notable city landmarks like Ventfort Hall Mansion and Gilded Age Museum and Frelinghuysen Morris House and Studio might be worth a visit. The gardens and hiking trails exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Kennedy Park and Pleasant Valley Wilderness Sanctuary.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Lenox. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Cornell Inn, Lenox - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and clean, quiet rooms.
- Garden Gables Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to shopping at this inn. This 4-star inn features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Eastgate Inn B&B - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Ski Butternut, 12.1 mi/19.5 km from the city centre.
Dressing for Lenox
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and -12°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is -2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 6°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of -10°C
- About 1154 millimetres of rain falls on Lenox each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -10°C