Visiting Chesapeake City
Visitors can enjoy all that Chesapeake City has to offer including the restaurants, waterfront and museums. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. Around the area, top sights include Fort Delaware State Park, Christiana Mall and Ripken Stadium.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Chesapeake City
- The closest major airport is in Baltimore, MD (MTN-Martin State), 32.9 mi (53 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Baltimore, MD (BWI-Baltimore Washington Intl. Thurgood Marshall), 49.3 mi (79.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chesapeake City
A couple of favourite places to visit are C and D Canal Museum and Bohemia Vista Marina. In the area, you'll also find Fort Delaware State Park and Christiana Mall.
Here's a top-rated accommodation option based on Expedia user reviews:
- Inn At The Canal Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Ripken Stadium, 18.4 mi/29.6 km from the city centre.
Dressing for Chesapeake City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be -4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -4°C at night
- About 1095 millimetres of rain falls on Chesapeake City each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -3°C