Visitors to Elkton are sure to enjoy the riverfront and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches and art. Top sights around the area include Fort Delaware State Park, Longwood Gardens and Christiana Mall.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Elkton
- The closest major airport is in Baltimore, MD (MTN-Martin State), 36.9 mi (59.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Baltimore, MD (BWI-Baltimore Washington Intl. Thurgood Marshall), 53.7 mi (86.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Elkton
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and Fair Hill State Natural Resources Management Area. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Elkton Indoor Tennis and Historical Society of Cecil County.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Elkton. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Elkton - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Newark - Elkton - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Elk Forge B&B Inn & Day Spa - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features a full-service spa, free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Popular places to visit in the area include Fort Delaware State Park, located 14 mi (22.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Longwood Gardens, which is 19.9 mi/32.1 km away.
Dressing for Elkton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -4°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- About 1095 millimetres of rain falls on Elkton each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -3°C