Visitors to Cherbourg-en-Cotentin are sure to enjoy the port. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, musical theatre and aquarium.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodation options in Cherbourg-en-Cotentin
- The closest major airport is in Alderney (ACI), 26.9 mi (43.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Cherbourg-en-Cotentin
Cultural venues in the city include La Cité de la Mer, Liberation Museum and Thomas Henry Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Holy Trinity Basilica and Emmanuel Liais Park.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Cherbourg-en-Cotentin. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Mercure Cherbourg Centre Port - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
- Hôtel Ambassadeur - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
- Hôtel Le Louvre - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Getting around Cherbourg-en-Cotentin
With so many transport options, exploring all of Cherbourg-en-Cotentin is simple. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Cherbourg Station. You can ride a ferry and cross the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Cherbourg-en-Cotentin
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Cherbourg-en-Cotentin gets about 797.40 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 4°C