Visiting Chappaquiddick Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Chappaquiddick Island has to offer including the beaches, parks and monuments. In Chappaquiddick Island, there are 13 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from. The closest major airport is in Vineyard Haven, MA (MVY-Martha's Vineyard), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city centre. The next closest is in Hyannis, MA (HYA-Barnstable Municipal), 21.7 mi (35 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Chappaquiddick Island
Notable city landmarks like Chappaquidick Dike Bridge and Cape Poge Light might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Lighthouse Beach, Mytoi Garden and Wasque Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Norton Point Beach to your agenda.
As you start planning your visit to Chappaquiddick Island, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 250 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Getaway Chappy Butterfly Cottage Cozy 2 Bedroom on Chappaquiddick is located 0.9 mi (1.4 km) from the heart of Chappaquiddick Island. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in North Falmouth can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Cozy and Private Cottage on Chappaquiddick Island - Perfect for Families! is 0.6 mi (1 km) from central Chappaquiddick Island. This 2-star motel in Hyannis features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Cozy Family Retreat Near Beach is 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the centre of Chappaquiddick Island. This 3.5-star hotel in Hyannis features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Chappaquiddick Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -6°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 0°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and night-time averages of 0°C
- About 1049 millimetres of rain falls on Chappaquiddick Island each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -4°C