Visiting Centre Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Centre Island has to offer including its lakeside setting. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic and urban setting. Harbourfront Centre, Rogers Centre and Ripley's Aquarium of Canada are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 1929 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Toronto, ON (YTZ-Billy Bishop Toronto City), 1 mi (1.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Toronto, ON (YYZ-Pearson Intl.), 12.2 mi (19.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Centre Island
The picturesque setting of Lake Ontario and Hanlan's Point Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty. In the area, you'll also find Harbourfront Centre and Rogers Centre.
As you plan your holiday to Centre Island, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city centre but you'll find 1492 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Chelsea Hotel, Toronto is located 2.5 mi (4 km) from the city centre. This 3.5-star hotel in Toronto features 2 indoor pools, 2 restaurants and free WiFi. Our customers like its pool and proximity to public transport.
- The Fairmont Royal York is 1.6 mi (2.6 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Toronto can enjoy access to 4 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with pillowtop beds. Our customers like its bar and proximity to the airport.
- One King West Hotel & Residence is located within 1.8 mi (3 km) of the city centre. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Toronto can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness centre, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Ripley's Aquarium of Canada, located 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the heart of the city, and CN Tower, which is 1.4 mi/2.3 km away.
Dressing for Centre Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be -8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Centre Island is 34 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -6°C