Search Hotels in Buffalo
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 18 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 9 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 22 Oct 2020
Where to stay in Buffalo
4.5/5Wonderful!(10 area reviews)
Known for its great bars and great live music, there's plenty to explore in Downtown Buffalo. You can visit top attractions like KeyBank Center and Shea's Performing Arts Center, and jump on the metro at Allen-Medical Campus Station or Fountain Plaza Station to see more of the city.
Discover Allentown, memorable for its restaurants. Popular attractions in Allentown include Wilcox Mansion - Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site and Theater of Youth, and you can see more of the area by hopping on the metro at Allen-Medical Campus Station.
While there might not be top attractions in Albright, you can explore the larger area and discover places like Buffalo Zoo and Buffalo Museum of Science.
If you're spending some time in Black Rock, Buffalo Religious Arts Center and Rich Marina are top sights worth seeing.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Buffalo, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful waterfalls, theatre and live music scene. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment, art and university setting. Top sights in the city include Coca-Cola Field, Pierce - Arrow Museum and Canalside.
- There are 165 hotels and other accommodation options in Buffalo
- The closest major airport is in Buffalo, NY (BUF-Buffalo Niagara Intl.), 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Niagara Falls, NY (IAG-Niagara Falls Intl.), 15.2 mi (24.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Buffalo
Known for its theatres, live music and art, the city's cultural venues include Pierce - Arrow Museum, Kleinhans Music Hall and Buffalo Museum of Science. Attractions like Buffalo Zoo, Six Flags Darien Lake and Hamburg Fairgrounds are fun for kids of all ages. Its historic sites and cathedrals are notable and landmarks include Wilcox Mansion - Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site, Frank Lloyd Wright's Darwin D. Martin House and Peace Bridge.
In Amherst, you'll find 165 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- InnBuffalo off Elmwood - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Reikart House, Buffalo, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel - Our customers like the convenient parking and WiFi at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free valet parking.
- Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Other favourite sights in Buffalo include Coca-Cola Field, Canalside and Buffalo and Erie County Naval and Military Park. In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls, located 15.6 mi (25 km) from the heart of the city, and Horseshoe Falls, which is 16.6 mi (26.8 km) away.
Getting around Buffalo
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of Buffalo is easy. You can access metro transport at Lafayette Square Station, Church Station and Fountain Plaza Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Buffalo-Exchange Street Station, Buffalo-Exchange Street Station or Buffalo-Depew Station.
Dressing for Buffalo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and -8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is 0°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of -7°C
- About 1028 millimetres of rain falls on Buffalo each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -7°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Buffalo?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Buffalo, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Buffalo?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Buffalo?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Buffalo?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Buffalo?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Buffalo?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Buffalo?
What's the best boutique hotel in Buffalo?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Buffalo?
What's the best hotel in Buffalo to absorb the local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Buffalo?
Buffalo Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Buffalo by Star Rating
- Hotels near Buffalo Airports
- Areas of Buffalo
- Accommodation near Buffalo Attractions
- More accommodation types in Buffalo
- Choose Your Buffalo Hotel Style
- Search Buffalo Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Buffalo
- Hotels Near Buffalo, New York
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends