Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 7 Apr 2020
Where to stay in Budapest
Inner City Budapest
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,188 area reviews)
St. Stephen's Basilica and Szechenyi Chain Bridge are top sights in Inner City Budapest, and you should be sure to explore the popular shops. Hop aboard the metro at Vorosmarty Square Station or Bajcsy-Zsilinszky Street Station to see more sights in the area.
4.5/5Wonderful!(188 area reviews)
Travellers love Castle Hill for its stunning river views, and you can see more of Budapest City Centre by jumping on the metro at Batthyany Place Station or Szell Kalman Square Station. You might spend time checking out top sights like Fisherman's Bastion and Buda Castle.
Belváros - Lipótváros
Known for its fantastic nightlife and stunning river views, there's plenty to explore in Belváros - Lipótváros. Check out top attractions like St. Stephen's Basilica and Szechenyi Chain Bridge, and jump on the metro at Vorosmarty Square Station or Kossuth Lajos ter Station to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(356 area reviews)
Consider exploring the abundant dining options in Terezvaros. If sightseeing is on the list, Hungarian State Opera House is a top attraction. Hop on the metro at Vorosmarty Street Station or Kodaly Circus Station to see more of the area.
4/5Very Good!(371 area reviews)
Enjoy the popular shops in Jozsefvaros. Arena Plaza Shopping Mall is a worthwhile stop, and you can jump on the metro at Nepszinhaz utca Station or Klinikak Station to see more of District VIII.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Budapest, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, cathedral and entertainment choices. This city also attracts tourists with its monuments, shopping and cafes. Top sights in the city include Hungarian National Museum, Rudas Baths and St. Stephen's Basilica.
- There are 1370 hotels and other accommodation options in Budapest
- The closest major airport is in Budapest (BUD-Ferenc Liszt Intl.), 10.7 mi (17.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Budapest
The city is well known for its museums and theatres, and cultural venues include Hungarian National Museum, Hungarian State Opera House and Citadella. Attractions like Budapest Castle Hill Funicular, Aquaworld Budapest and Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden are fun for kids of all ages. Notable for its monuments, cathedrals and historic sites, the city's landmarks include Rudas Baths, St. Stephen's Basilica and Szechenyi Chain Bridge.
In Budaors, there are 1370 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Moments Budapest - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Terezvaros can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Aria Hotel Budapest by Library Hotel Collection - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Inner City Budapest can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Úttö Luxury Suites - This 4-star hotel in Jozsefvaros features free WiFi, concierge services and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to public transport.
Other favourite sights in Budapest include Gellert Thermal Baths and Swimming Pool, Buda Castle and Parliament Building.
Getting around Budapest
With so many transport options, seeing Budapest is a breeze. Take advantage of metro transport at Ferenciek Square Station, Astoria Station and Deak Ferenc ter Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Budapest Boraros Square Station, Budapest-Nyugati Station or Eastern Railway Station.
Dressing for Budapest
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the night-time average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and -2°C at night
- About 617 millimetres of rain falls on Budapest each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Budapest?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Budapest, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Budapest?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Budapest?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Budapest?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Budapest?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Budapest?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Budapest?
What's the best high-end hotel in Budapest?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Budapest?
Where's the best place to stay in Budapest that's close to historical sites?
Budapest Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Budapest by Star Rating
- Hotels near Budapest Airports
- Areas of Budapest
- Accommodation near Budapest Attractions
- More accommodation types in Budapest
- Choose Your Budapest Hotel Style
- Search Budapest Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Budapest
- Hotels Near Budapest, Pest County
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends