Visitors to Bangor are sure to enjoy the marina. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Titanic Belfast, SSE Arena (Titanic Quarter) and Belfast Castle.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodation options in Bangor
- The closest major airport is in Belfast (BHD-George Best Belfast City), 8.8 mi (14.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Belfast (BFS-Belfast Intl.), 22 mi (35.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bangor
The city is notable for landmarks like Bangor Castle, Bangor Abbey and Grey Point Fort. The city's natural beauty is on display at Sunken Gardens, Marine Gardens Coastal Walk and Castle Park. Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Bangor Marina, Bangor Golf Course and Clandeboye Golf Course are favourite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Bangor. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Clandeboye Lodge Hotel - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- Shelleven House - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. This 4-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking and a bar.
- The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Titanic Belfast, located 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the city centre, and SSE Arena (Titanic Quarter), which is 10.8 mi/17.3 km away.
Getting around Bangor
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Bangor Station. Bangor might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Bangor
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Bangor is 850.90 millimetres
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C