Visitors to Ballymena are sure to enjoy the spas and seaside. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodation options in Ballymena
- The closest major airport is in Belfast (BFS-Belfast Intl.), 19.3 mi (31.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Belfast (BHD-George Best Belfast City), 26.3 mi (42.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ballymena
The city is notable for landmarks like Glenarm Castle, Red Bay Castle and Ossian's Grave. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Glenariff Forest Park, Slemish Mountain and Lurig Mountain. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are ECOS Environmental Centre and Curfew Tower.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Ballymena. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Cullentra House - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Marlagh Lodge - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this guesthouse. This 3-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking and a bar.
- Glenn Eireann House - This 3-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Belfast Castle, 23.2 mi/37.3 km from the city centre, and Giant's Causeway, which is 23.8 mi (38.3 km) away.
Dressing for Ballymena
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 31 millimetres of rain falls on Ballymena each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas January and March are often coldest, averaging 2°C