Visitors to Ballater are sure to enjoy the bars and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, mountain views and ski areas. Top sights in the city include Balmoral Castle and Glenshee Ski Centre.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodation options in Ballater
- The closest major airport is in Aberdeen (ABZ), 33.1 mi (53.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Ballater
Notable city landmarks like Balmoral Castle and Braemar Castle might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Lochnagar, Cairngorms and Loch Muick. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Glenshee Ski Centre and Ballater Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 33 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Ballater. Here's a top-rated accommodation option based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Deeside Inn - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Craigievar Castle, 15.4 mi/24.8 km from the heart of the city, and Cairngorms National Park, which is 24.4 mi (39.3 km) away.
Dressing for Ballater
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 713.70 millimetres of rain falls on Ballater each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C